Member of Parliament for Battlefords-Lloydminster
- Battlefords-Lloydminster is a large riding, covering
32,642.39 square kilometres in West-Central Saskatchewan. This diverse riding
sprawls from prime agricultural land in the south, through the historic
Battlefords and the scenic North Saskatchewan and Battle rivers, west through
rolling hills rich in oil and natural gas and north into some of the most
beautiful forests and lakes of Saskatchewan.
- The population averages 73,555.
- Major communities include the Battlefords in the northeast
corner of the riding; the Saskatchewan side of Lloydminster along the western
boundary; Kindersley in the south, and Unity in the center.
- Prime industries include agriculture and pulse-crop
processing, oil and natural gas throughout the riding, salt mining and tourism.
- Lloydminster is Canada's only border city.
Approximately 1/3 of the city is in Saskatchewan in the Battlefords-Lloydminster
riding and 2/3 of the city in Alberta in the Lakeland riding.
- Historic Battleford was the capital of the Northwest.
Click here to view larger map of
Battlefords-Lloydminster - Larger Map