Member of Parliament for Battlefords-Lloydminster

These are a few of the questions constituents are often asking. Many of the answers link directly to websites where further information and even program applications are available. If there's anything else you need to know, please contact my office.

How do I obtain a congratulatory birthday/anniversary greeting certificate from the MP, Prime Minister, Premier, Leader of Opposition, Governor General and Queen?

Contact my office with the following information and we will contact the Lieutenant Governor's office on your behalf: 

Birthday/Anniversary Certificates:  Full name(s), address and phone number of the recipient(s).  Date of actual birthday/anniversary and celebration date.  Number of years. Name, address and phone number of the person  the certificate is to be sent if different than above.


*To obtain a congratulary greeting certificate from Her Majesty the Queen, the recipient(s) must be 100 years old or in the case of a wedding anniversary, must be celebrating 60 or more years.  A copy of a birth certificate, letter from a minister of religion, or Old Age Security or Social Insurance number is required as proof for a birthday greeting.  For a wedding anniversary, a copy of the marriage certificate or letter from a minister of religion is required. Please note: these documents are needed only if you want greetings from the Queen.

It takes approximately 6-8 weeks to receive your certificates, therefore it is recommended you order them at least 2 months in advance to receive them on time for your special occasion.

Where can I find information about Citizenship and Immigration Canada?


Citizenship and Immigration Canada provides detailed information and many application forms on its website at Application forms are available at


You may also contact the Citizenship and Immigration Call Centre at their toll-free number 1-888-242-2100. Call during mid week as Monday and Tuesdays have a higher volume of calls. For permanent resident card applications status, call 1-800-255-4541. For the hearing impaired, please call 1-888-576-8502.


Where can I find information about the Saskatchewan immigrant nomination program?


Try the website at: for information regarding the province’s immigrant nominee program.  This is a fast-track program providing an alternative means of entry for skilled workers to immigrate to Canada.  The government of Saskatchewan’s agreement with the federal government allows Saskatchewan to nominate a set number of applicants to come to Canada.  Information is also available at 1-306-798-7467.


Where can I find information about agriculture?


Most general government agricultural information is available on the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada website. The latest news is available in Agriculture Canada's newsroom. For information about programs specific to the livestock industry check here. Information regarding the Canada Agricultural Income Stabilization (CAIS) Program is available here.


How do I apply for my Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or Old Age Security (OAS) benefits? 


Visit the Social Development Canada website at to receive information or obtain an application (some applications are available online) or call the toll-free line at 1-800-277-9914, or TTY for the deaf at 1-800-255-4786.


You may also apply at the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) office nearest you. North Battleford – located at  15, 9800 Territorial Drive (Territorial Mall) Lloydminster – located at 5016 – 48 Street ph: (780) 871-6445.


How do I make a claim for Employment Insurance benefits?


You can apply online at www.hrsdc.gc.caor call the toll-free line to obtain an application at 1-800-206-7218, or TTY for the deaf at 1-877-885-6488.  You may also apply in person at the HRSDC offices listed above.


How do I obtain a social insurance number?


You may apply online at or call 1-800-206-7218,

or TTY for the deaf at 1-877-885-6488.


I’m having a problem with my income tax, child tax credit benefit or GST credit – who do I talk to?


You can contact the following toll-free numbers for assistance:

Income tax enquiries:  1-800-959-8281

Refund enquiries:  1-800-959-1956

Child Tax Benefit: 1-800-387-1193

GST Credit: 1-800-959-1953

Forms and publications: 1-800-959-2221

Business numbers and GST accounts: 1-800-959-5525

Teletypewriter 1-800-665-0354


Or check the Canadian Revenue Agency website at


For further assistance, please contact our office.  Please note that in order to make an enquiry on your behalf, Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) requires a signed consent form giving our office release to obtain the information you need. 


How do I apply for social assistance?


Social assistance is administered through Community Resources and Employment and is under provincial jurisdiction. In North Battleford, call 446-7705 or call the toll-free line, 1-877-993-9911 for information on how to apply. If there are problems or concerns, you may also contact your local MLA. Visit the Saskatchewan Government website at to receive contact information or contact our office.

Constituency Office
1322-100 St
North Battleford, SK
S9A 0V8
Tel: 306-445-2004

613 Confederation Bldg.
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON
K1A 0A6
Tel: 613-995-7080



© 2004 Gerry Ritz - Website Design by M.R. Internet Consulting